Saturday, January 12, 2013

Every Obsession Has A Silver Lining...

... and in my case, there really is silver involved.
For the past month or two, I've had the obsession of collecting silver decorative knick knacks for my apartment, and I had a very specific place in mind for them. A few months back I bought a new bookcase from IKEA, which I'm still totally in love with - actually I'm thinking of getting another one, but that's another story.
Anyway, the bookcase has been looking a little bare, which really isn't my style - I like to clutter, but in a nice way (haha). Then I looked through H&M's home section, and saw a silver vase which I fell in love with right away. Unfortunately it wouldn't be in stock until late December, so I had to wait for it. In the mean time, I decided to dedicate not only the bookcase, but also most of the wall furniture to silver decoratives. I started looking around, and as time went by, I managed to find two sets of candle sticks and glasses, and as for the rest of it, I already owned the silver fan, the silver lamp and the plant in the silver pot. Well, after Christmas the vase came in stock, and of course I ordered  it right away.
As you can see, it looks great with yellow roses





No comments:

Post a Comment