Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Yummy yum-yum: Red apple iced tea (with caramel rum)

I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in Denmark, the weather has changed drastically - over night, actually. Just a couple of days ago, it was what I call "London Weather" - you know, the kind of weather that bids grey skies with rain and damp weather - so much so that my hair expands from normal size (well, my hair is never normal size, a it is quite big) to almost triple the size with curly ends and a not so fortunate look to be carrying around for the rest of the day. Almost like a bad wig, haha.
Anyway... the day before yesterday, yesterday and today the weather has been fantastic. Actually, not Spring weather but actual summer weather with 68 degrees outside. Actually yesterday, I wore my summer ensemble of hippie inspired clothes and sandals today, going to the dentist.
On my way home I stopped at a street grocer and bought a couple of kilos of apples, and that's when it struck me that I would attempt to make yet another home made organic iced tea - and you can add rum to it! You can make this in a big pitcher, or as I like to do, make it in small glass jars and serve them with vintage straws.

If you're making 4 jars of home made apple iced tea with rum, you'll need:

4 glass jars - best in a medium to a large size
4 big, red, organic (if you want) apples
4 small cinnamon sticks
4 organic apple tea bags - I prefer Celestial's "Red Apple"
And then you'll need some organic maple syrup and, of course, rum
- whatever kind you prefer, but I could imagine that a caramel flavoured rum would go fantastic with this drink 

And here's what you do - it's the easiest thing in the world:
Boil some water, and while it cools, slice the apples in very, very thin slices. 1 apple per jar will suffice, but you can always add less or more, depending on how much flavour you want.
Then add a cinnamon stick, a tea bag and a big teaspoon of maple syrup to every jar.
Add as much or as little rum as you want, and then just add the water.

Let the jars sit in the fridge for 24-48 hours, take the lid off, add a vintage straw and serve the drinks to your guests
- voilĂ ; a fantastic drink for a fantastic party outside in the sun!





No comments:

Post a Comment