Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Summary

For the last few weeks I've been wondering out loud, why time flies when you're having fun. This week is no exception, so let's get right to it and summarize it, shall we?
Monday was my last day of school. It was only two hours, but they felt a little like two hours wasted. We didn't do much other than read in our Psychology book and jolt down a few key words. However, I did have fun in the sun with Julie doing it, so that's at least something. When classes ended, I drove on home and enjoyed the rest of the day with coffee and episodes of Friends - and in general just enjoyed the fact, that I only have 2 exams this Summer!

Tuesday I didn't do much other than the usual when I'm bored; I cleaned a bit, drove to town and did a little shopping, and not much else. But I did do a post on my Mother's Day gift for my mum this year. I couldn't be with her last Sunday, so I had to give her the gift on Friday. She was actually really happy about it, and she's been using the coffee cups every day now. So that's good!

Wednesday Maria came by for morning coffee - the last real cuppa coffee before school this year. Unfortunately she only had about 20 minutes, but luckily she came back later in the day, and stayed for a few hours. Lovely!
I also did a post on this über cool and kitsch picture I found down by the flat dumpsters - if you didn't catch it, you can find the post here.

Thursday I had my last dentist appointment - as some of you might remember, I've been going through a bitch of a root canal for the last month and a half - but luckily and finally the dentist managed to close it up, so now it's over - for good... well, not for good; I still have to come back in a year and get a crown. But we'll get to that when we'll get to that!
Then after a bit of shopping and window shopping in town, I drove back on home and did a quick post on the dining table in my flat, and then I assembled a new piece of IKEA furniture. I'm pretty happy about it, but it was too hot to really get into the whole thing of re-arranging the furniture - again! - so I put it in a nice way that'll work for now, and then next week I'll really get into it... and show you, of course.

Friday was busy busy busy. I got up at 6, took a shower and put on my makeup, and then at around 7 my mum came by. She'd hitched a ride from my dad who were going to work in the city, and then drove by my place so my mum could visit. You see, later in the day we were all going to Sweden, so I had suggested to my mum that she just came by my place in the morning, so she didn't have to take the long train ride from Falster to Roskilde later. We had a nice time eating breakfast and chatting, and then my grandmum stopped by for a little while.
Then a little later, we walked to town and did some shopping, before we stopped at "our" street café and had an apple cider. Then we took the train to Copenhagen and then walked a little while. We found a great spot in the sun in Glyptotekets Have (a nice garden with pretty flowers) and just enjoyed the warmth and the sun for a few hours. Then we met up with my dad, and then finally we drove on to Sweden. We were at the house at around 9 in the evening, and by then we were all so tired that, after unpacking the car, we just went to bed.

Saturday was soooo warm and sunny, so I just lay in the garden most of the day, soaking up the sun. Actually I've got a hint of a tan now, which really never happens to me. So that's great! Anyway, the most important thing yesterday, was something I've been looking forward to for so long - Eurovision! I've never really been a Eurovision girl until last year, when I started following Melodifestivalen in Sweden - and got hooked. So of course I rooted for Sweden yesterday. Actually, I never even heard the Danish song until last Tuesday, when the first semi final was held. But anyway, Sweden didn't win - unfortunately - but Denmark did. And the Danish song is pretty great, so it's not a total loss. Although I'd like to have seen Robin Stjernberg take home the prize.
But anyway, it was a lovely evening and I ended up going to bed at 5 in the morning...

... so today I slept until 1... crazy! Now I'm just having a cuppa coffee and enjoying the rainy day.
You all have a lovely Sunday now!

No comments:

Post a Comment