Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday Summary

Hey Christmas elves, and a very merry Christmas to you all!
First of all, as you might notice, the Sunday Summary is very late today. Normally I write my Sunday Summaries on Saturday nights, but last night I just had such a lovely and cozy time here in the Swedish house. But I'll get to that ;) So let's get started, shall we?

The start of this week was very uneventful. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I didn't do much but watch Christmas movies and calenders, clean a bit and otherwise get ready for Christmas. I coloured my hair, by the way, as you can see in the new Sunday Summary picture below :)

It wasn't until Thursday that something happened. I had a movie date with Maria and Kasper - we were gonna see The Hobbit. Kasper came to my place at around 5, but it turned out that Maria was running late, so in stead of us driving in her car to Ro's Kino, Kasper and I put on our winter boots and walked to Ro's Torv. We picked up our tickets, and then found a restaurant where we ate "All you can eat Deep Pan Pizza" - and boy did we eat, haha. Maria came at around 7, and we had the time for a quick smoke before the movie started. I've really looked forward to seeing The Hobbit - I was never all that crazy about The Lord Of The Ring movies, but I did like them none the less. However, 10 minutes in, The Hobbit sure wasn't my favorite movie. I found myself being quite bored, and therefore it was probably 3 of the longest hours of my life, haha. Anyway, it was the first 3D movie I've ever seen, and I was quite impressed. It wasn't that the movie was bad, it was just very long. None the less, the 3 hours of hobbit adventure came and went, and when the movie was over it was 11 o'clock. Maria, Kasper and I drove back to my place for a cup of tea and movie talk, and after about an hour they left again.

There were, however, not time to sleep in the morning after. Friday morning my mum came by, and we ate a nice breakfast before visiting my grandmum. We spent some nice hours together, and when it was time to get our things and take the bus to town, my mum decided to spring for coffee and a piece of pie at my favourite café. My aunt stopped by, so me, my mum, my grandmum and my aunt spent about an hour or so having a nice chat and eating delicious pie.
Then it was time for me and my mum to take the train to Copenhagen, where we met up with my dad. Together we began the journey from Denmark to the country house in Sweden. It's a long drive, but me and my dad managed to split the drive between us, so both of us could get some sleep along the way.
We arrived at the house at around 9.30, and after all the things that need to be done, were done, I made a pot of coffee and watched some Christmas television before heading to bed at around 1 in the morning.

Saturday was lovely. I woke up to an absolutely wonderful and Christmasy snowy weather outside. We have loads of snow up here, so I'm planning on going skiing tomorrow. Anyway, Saturday were spent both outside and inside. After a quick breakfast, I went outside to shovel snow for an hour or so. Then I went inside and watched some Christmas television, and in the evening me, my mum and my dad played games on our iPhones and iPads. I introduced my parents to a Danish knowledge game called Quiz Battle, and now they're quite obsessed with it, haha. It's a bit funny actually.
After my parents went to bed, I stayed up for a couple more hours and Skyped with Kasper. I ended up going to bed at around 4 in the morning, and that's why...

... this Sunday Summary is so late today. You see, I slept in this morning - way in! I woke up at 2 o'clock, and then after a quick "breakfast" I took a shower. But taking a shower up here ain't as easy as it sounds. We don't have running water in the old home stead, so everything takes that much longer. However I don't mind; it's part of it's charm. So taking a shower, washing my hair and then putting on makeup took a fair few hours - two, to be exact.
We've just eaten æbleskiver - a Danish Christmas tradition - and had lovely cups of Christmas tea. And now I'm here. An old Christmas calender is on the telly, and I'm having a nice cup o' joe by the fireplace. Tomorrow it's Christmas, and I can't wait for all of the delicious food and pressies haha.


Now I'll have a sip if my coffee, then I'll put on my winter boots and jacket,
and then I will go for a nice walk in the freezing cold.
Have a lovely and happy Sunday everybody


No comments:

Post a Comment