Monday, February 4, 2013

Candles Candles Candles

If you, like me, love to curl up on the couch on a cold winter night - such as those we've been having for what seems like forever - a great way to add more coziness, is candles. I've always been a huge fan of candles, and I really look forward to it getting dark outside so I can just lit a bunch of them, watch a good movie and drink a cuppa tea.
However, if you're a bit light on cash, you can avoid going out and buy candle holders, cause chances are that you already have something at home that will work. Like my tray of candles; only one of the candle holders are bought (the green glass), and the rest is something I already had in my cupboards or gathered along the way. The big glasses with candles in them actually used to be jars of different things. In one of them I had cookies, the other pickles, the third beets and so on.
Clean them up nice and good after use, and remember to soak them for a couple of hours in hot water with a little soap, and the tags will come right off. However, if they leave that sticky stuff, here's a tip: just use a little nail polish remover on it, and it'll go away - easy as pie!
Not only is it a great - and way cheaper - idea, but it also creates a nice, fun and a bit rustic way of displaying candles.
Now go on and be creative




 

No comments:

Post a Comment