Friday, July 4, 2014

Cheesy stuffed bell peppers with mushroom and chilli

Evenin' all - how's it hanging?


I thought I'd bring you one of my favourite "I want something delicious to eat, but I don have time or money for it" recipes.
I love stuffed bell peppers - the peppers themselves are cheap, and if you're serving for two, you only need about two to four peppers.
For stuffing - well, that's pretty much up to you! I don't eat meat, but if you like it, it's easy as well - only takes a little bit longer.


However, I like them "all vegetable" so what I do is stuff them with mushrooms, a little bit of chilli and of course, the "magic ingredient" : Cheese!
Here's what you need:

  • 2-4 bell peppers (any colour will do)
  • 6-8 mushrooms
  • chilli - as much or little as you want
  • grated cheese - cheddar or pizza topping is perfect!
Cut the peppers in half - remember to leave the stalk, or else it won't work as a "bowl" for the other ingredients.
Cut the mushrooms into small pieces as well as the chilli and add it to the hollow pepper.
Add a little bit of cheese and bake in the oven for 15 minutes on 400 F ((or 200 C)). Then take them out and add more cheese - as much or as little as you want - and bake for further 10 minutes.

Take them out of the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.
They work great both as an appetizer or an actual meal. 


Have fun cooking and enjoy your this beautiful summers evening 

No comments:

Post a Comment